Without putting all visitors in the same category or discouraging guests from booking a Cape Town Vacationer property for a holiday, it is important that we are on the same page right at the beginning regarding functions of any size. A number of our properties are in particularly noise-sensitive parts of Cape Town and it is our duty to respect the permanent residents of the area.
We receive numerous requests for rentals where guests are celebrating special occasions. While we would like you to relax and enjoy your time at the rental, these are our guidelines and terms:
• No birthday parties are to be held at any property unless by prior arrangement with Cape Town Vacationer.
• If more than 1 non-paying guest to every paying guest is invited to the property, access to the property will be managed by means of a pre-disclosed guest-list. We reserve the right to charge guests an additional fee for a security guard to be on-site at the villa between 18h00 and 06h00. The purpose being to control the amount of people on the property, noise levels and parking arrangements.
• Music needs to be switched off at 23h00 on week-ends and by 22h00 during the week. We will be notifying neighbours of any functions in advance. Please be aware that neighbours contact us directly as well as the South African Police in the area if functions become unruly. Should inordinate levels of noise and music be heard from the property after the above hours, a R5,000 fine will be imposed on the guests which is charged by the Camps Bay Ratepayers Association for public disturbance.
• Guests are required to move indoors at 23h00 on weekends and 22h00 on weekdays as voices carry at this time of night.
• Functions requiring more than two suppliers, i.e. caterers, bar equipment hire, lighting or have more than 20 guests must be managed by an external event manager. We recommend www.evention.co.za
• All Supplier details need to be disclosed well in advance and access is to be coordinated with the Cape Town Vacationer. If suppliers not disclosed prior to date of arrival, access will not be granted.
The terms above will be included as an appendix in our Reservations Agreement which is to be signed off upon arrival.
Please feel free to discuss any booking or event requirements with us at Cape Town Vacationer on [email protected] or +27 72 478 1838.