Below are some highlighted terms and conditions that we believe are most important to communicate. Upon confirming a reservation you are bound to the full Reservation Agreement which you can view here: Reservation Agreement.
Arrival & Departure
- Standard check-in time is 2pm on the day of arrival.
- Check-out time is 10am on the day of departure.
- We will try to accommodate all other arrival and departure times. If you have any special requests please contact the office on [email protected] or via telephone on +27 72 478 1838
- To guarantee early arrivals or late departures, an additional fee of a half day’s rental may be charged.
- Upon check-in, you will be required to produce proof of your credit card as well as identification.
- Should a guest not check-out at the agreed time on the check-out date, the manager will be entitled to charge for the overstay (at a rate of up to double the average rate of their current stay), for plus all applicable Guest Fees, Taxes, and any legal expenses incurred.
- ***It is important to note that by agreeing to our terms and conditions, the guest authorises Cape Town Vacationer to utilize their deposit to cover any breakages or damages to the property***
- In order to confirm a reservation, a deposit payment of 50% is due within 72 hours of written confirmation of booking.
- Balance payment of 50% is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- If the guest fails to vacate the property on the departure date, the guest is liable to cover the cost of the average daily rate plus 30% for every additional day they stay at the property.
Ways to Pay
- Bank Transfer: Bank details are attached to your invoice.
- Credit Card: Please note this will incur an additional 3% processing fee.
- Exchange4Free: No fees attached. This is the most affordable way to pay internationally: with zero international bank charges or commission and great exchange rates.
Refundable Damages Deposits
- Refundable damages deposits range from R10,000 to R50,000 depending on the property booked.
- The funds are refunded accordingly within 48 hours of departure, this may take longer if we are awaiting quotes for repairs.
Depending on the property and host, we offer the following solutions:
(1) Get verified with Superhog – Superhog removes the need for cash damage deposits to be taken. Superhog offers complimentary protection against unforeseen damages during guests stay. All you need to do to take advantage of this, is to verify yourself. Once this is done, the reservation will be protected by a Deposit Guarantee, Guest Guarantee (damages) and public liability. Once the reservation has been confirmed, we will send you a Superhog link to proceed. If this is not completed prior to arrival, we will need you to provide a cash damage deposit.
(2) Upfront Deposit: We require the deposit to be paid 15 days prior to arrival via bank transfer.
(3) Credit Card Hold: On arrival we hold/freeze the amount on your credit card.
For all bookings confirmed 21 September 2020 onwards, the below policy applies.
- All bookings will receive a full refund if cancelled more than 42 days (6 weeks) prior to arrival date.
- Bookings cancelled between 42 & 30 days, forfeit the deposit.
- Bookings cancelled within 30 days of arrival date forfeit full payment.
Should rules for entry into South Africa change from the time of booking which prevents the guest from travelling to Cape Town due to COVID-19 related restrictions, we will issue an accommodation voucher to the full value of the amount we have received. The voucher can be redeemed for a future dated reservation at any of Cape Town Vacationers’ properties. This is on condition that you notify us within 48 hours of the rule change preventing travel to Cape Town.
Should the main guest not be able to travel due to contracting COVID-19 and provides medical proof of this, the CPA applies and the full value of the accommodation received by Cape Town Vacationer can be refunded. This would exclude any third party fees and/or commissions.
Refunds and waiver of cancellation policies are at the discretion of management and the ability to re-let the property. In the event that your canceled dates are rebooked, Cape Town Vacationer will charge an 11.5% booking fee and the guest will receive a refund for the balance.
We advise all clients to take out cancellation insurance.
All our properties are strictly non-smoking. This includes cigarettes, pipes, cigars, hubbly bubblies and marijuana. Please note that any guests who smoke inside a property will be levied a R5,000 fine per incident. This is payable directly to your Host by Card Payment or Cash. Additional charges may be levied for professional upholstery, linen & curtain cleaning and sanitising.
The Tenant accepts liability for all minors and all visitors to the property. For more information or any queries, please contact us here.
Our Villas are for Accommodation purposes only. We do not act as a hosting venue nor are our properties intended for such use and our full policy on noise contraventions and rules is available to read here.
Note that all of our properties are in residential areas and loud music or noise after 11pm is not tolerated, by law.
Should you wish to hold a small function, our terms and conditions set out in this downloadable Events Memo, will have to be agreed to.